Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Patagonia

Patagonia is a portion the land in Argentina and Chile. The characteristic more important is the steppe (semi-deserted area with predominance of the grass, dependent with season, altitude and clime). This area was named Patagonia; because Magellan named Patagonians a native people. In this area excited ancestral cultures: Tehuelches and Aonikenk.

The Patagonia Argentina is extended in four areas: Neuquén, Rio Negro, Chubut and Santa Cruz. The Patagonia Chilean is extended in five areas: Palena, Aisen Magellan, Antarctica Chilean and Tierra del Fuego. In these territories have beautiful Lakes and Glaciers.


In 1997, I’ am knew The Patagonia and in this opportunity visited The Chubut Province, in specific Comodoro Rivadavia and Valdes Peninsula. In my trip knew others habitat and animals species. The mores impacted species whit me was: Penguins, Sea Elephants, Magellan Wales and Sea Wolf, because in this time I only knew big, sea mammals and bird whit the Caribbean.

4 comments:

Marcy said...

I did some research when I was starting to plan my next holiday. The area sounds amazing. I am not going there this holiday but I hope to go there some day.

Tania Yaitzkiy said...

I would like to go to Patagonia but it seems to be very far from Calgary.

♥ Sunny ♥ said...

After this semester, I hope that i will go to Patagonia. but i didn't decide about vacation's plan.

hinojosa ca said...

This places are really amazing, I hope so I going to go it some day